Skip to main content

Jewbis

Have you ever had to invent something from virtually nothing. That is what Rich found himself doing in today's wiring project. He invented the Jewbis (a combination of Jewell Dobis, I actually helped with the invention). With the Jewbis you have a couple of long aluminum tubes a small piece of wood to connect the two tubes, some plastic "binding twine" and a roll of electrical tape. What you do is: Throw the tape with the twine hooked from one truss to the other, stretching the twine to taut. Then you you stretch the wires (including light bulb) over the twine to their proper location. Sound fun? It ain't. But it got the job done for today.

Tonight is the last of the art classes. They have been going well with good participation from our ladies. We have made some good contacts and are asking for God's blessing on the seed that is being planted. In the pictures you see Jan doing the translation for Susan. Susan helping Zelha, Alenildes, and Isis. And Fransisca on her own.

As I mentioned in an earlier post we had a very good turn out on Thursday night with twenty one present. Saturday night was a bit leaner with only nine. However, we are expecting a good turnout tonight and have really been excited about the participation of Nelson's wife Sonha. She has enjoyed the classes and been there both nights. We want to see the Lord do a special work in her life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entertaining Angels

Hebrews 13:1 Keep on loving one another as brothers and sisters. 2 Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it. Hospitality is a gift. It can also be a learned trait. Some people seem as if having strangers in their homes is normal and natural. Others have to fight against themselves in order to have friends over for a meal.  The author of Hebrews says that some have entertained angels when they thought that they were helping a stranger. That's weird. This statement brings questions to mind. Do angels eat? Of course, silly, they eat angel food cake!  Seriously, who in the Bible entertained angels by accident? Well, how about Abraham, Lot or Jacob? Granted, Jacob's treatment of the Angel of the Lord was questionable. But he did wrestle the night away, when in fact that angel could have dislocated Jacob's hip early in the match.  Abraham, read Sarah, prepared a big meal and Lot had to offer ...

Daughter and dog...

About six months ago we discovered that Ann was pregnant and were very excited for she and Jackson. We will have babies on this side and that of the Atlantic. We weren't prepared for that news and we we were even less prepared for the news that our little dog is pregnant. To date we have spent more on the dog than on Annie (don't tell her... Ann that is). Ann has yet to discover whether her baby is a boy or girl. Both ultrasound images were inconclusive. Though I did some further investigation of my own and was startled with what I found. to me it looks as if the baby is definitely a boy and has some resemblance from both sides of the family. Take a look for yourself and let me know what you think.

The Twenty Buck Challenge

Well I went and done it! That's bad grammar I know. But I done it anyway. We've been having a Bible study with Esmano and Genesie and their two kids Jennifer and Jadson, for about seven weeks now. This week Jennifer threw out a challenge. "Let's memorize a verse!" I thought that was a great idea. I told them that if they did memorize the verse that I would give them each an American coin. Esmano, their dad usually sits in on the study but he hasn't really been a part of it. When I mentioned the coin idea his eyes lit up a little. I then reached into my wallet and said, "If YOU memorize that verse I'll give you $20 bucks! His eyes really lit up then! Was it a good idea? I doubt it. No one has ever offered me money for memorizing verses. However, this will be the first verse that this man has ever memorized. If he does it. It is not a conventional way of doing memory work and it could cost me a bill for nothing. But if God uses this simple chall...