Skip to main content

Tiago

I met Tiago for the first time last night and our conversation was a rather short one as conversations go here in Brazil. Alexandre, Dawn, Maicom and I had just finished a couple of other visits when we were directed to Maicom's house for some odd reason. In fact as I got out of the van Dawn asked me something to that effect, "What are we doing here?" We were on our way to prayer meeting and if this chance meeting lasted too long we were going to be late!

As I hopped out into the busy street I was almost run over by a speeding mororcycle but that's quite common where we work. Maicom came running out of his house with Tiago sleeply following him in a half-awake stooper (mind you that this was 6:45pm!).

After about a minute of small talk Maicom said to me nearly under his breath, "So, where's your Sword?" With a half wink and a raising of his eyebrows I knew exactly what Maicom was doing. He later told me that he had bribed his brother (19years old) with a cookie, to come and talk "spiritual" things with me! Maicom has a zeal to see his disfunctional family saved.

For the next 10 minutes Tiago got a mini message of Hope. At the end I asked him if he had understood what I had said and he said that he had. He also said, "I know that I need to follow God it is just that I have been on the wrong path for so long I know that it will be hard to do."

He's right you know! Pray that God will help him find that narrow path.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entertaining Angels

Hebrews 13:1 Keep on loving one another as brothers and sisters. 2 Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it. Hospitality is a gift. It can also be a learned trait. Some people seem as if having strangers in their homes is normal and natural. Others have to fight against themselves in order to have friends over for a meal.  The author of Hebrews says that some have entertained angels when they thought that they were helping a stranger. That's weird. This statement brings questions to mind. Do angels eat? Of course, silly, they eat angel food cake!  Seriously, who in the Bible entertained angels by accident? Well, how about Abraham, Lot or Jacob? Granted, Jacob's treatment of the Angel of the Lord was questionable. But he did wrestle the night away, when in fact that angel could have dislocated Jacob's hip early in the match.  Abraham, read Sarah, prepared a big meal and Lot had to offer ...

Daughter and dog...

About six months ago we discovered that Ann was pregnant and were very excited for she and Jackson. We will have babies on this side and that of the Atlantic. We weren't prepared for that news and we we were even less prepared for the news that our little dog is pregnant. To date we have spent more on the dog than on Annie (don't tell her... Ann that is). Ann has yet to discover whether her baby is a boy or girl. Both ultrasound images were inconclusive. Though I did some further investigation of my own and was startled with what I found. to me it looks as if the baby is definitely a boy and has some resemblance from both sides of the family. Take a look for yourself and let me know what you think.

The Twenty Buck Challenge

Well I went and done it! That's bad grammar I know. But I done it anyway. We've been having a Bible study with Esmano and Genesie and their two kids Jennifer and Jadson, for about seven weeks now. This week Jennifer threw out a challenge. "Let's memorize a verse!" I thought that was a great idea. I told them that if they did memorize the verse that I would give them each an American coin. Esmano, their dad usually sits in on the study but he hasn't really been a part of it. When I mentioned the coin idea his eyes lit up a little. I then reached into my wallet and said, "If YOU memorize that verse I'll give you $20 bucks! His eyes really lit up then! Was it a good idea? I doubt it. No one has ever offered me money for memorizing verses. However, this will be the first verse that this man has ever memorized. If he does it. It is not a conventional way of doing memory work and it could cost me a bill for nothing. But if God uses this simple chall...