Skip to main content

Treats of the Week

This week we had a rare opportunity of spending some time with some of our national pastors at a small resort. We received a gift that allowed us to get away with these two sweet couples. We swam, ate and relaxed we had fellowship. It was a treat.

Have you ever told such a great story that you had people guessing the ending? During service today I was recounting a story that happened to me years ago in which I thought that I was going to die. I got near the end of the story and Tais who was right beside me said, "Did you live?" Everybody burst out laughing. The look on her face was so serious and her question was so funny.

We did have a good time around the Word in Psalm 107 talking about how we as Christians can react to troubles and trials that come suddenly into our paths.

Monday, Alexandre and João will be returning from their week long trip to Curitiba. He called me today saying that 17 people have joined our cause and will help us with the land purchase. One of my supporters too joined our team with a contribution. So, we only lack 77 more people or churches to fulfill our 10 month at $28 per month to buy our land! Pray with us about this one.

We are doing Bible studies with Daniele and her family and Guilhereme and his family and would appreciate your prayers for salvation decisions. Both Dani and Gui are saved but their family members aren't.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entertaining Angels

Hebrews 13:1 Keep on loving one another as brothers and sisters. 2 Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it. Hospitality is a gift. It can also be a learned trait. Some people seem as if having strangers in their homes is normal and natural. Others have to fight against themselves in order to have friends over for a meal.  The author of Hebrews says that some have entertained angels when they thought that they were helping a stranger. That's weird. This statement brings questions to mind. Do angels eat? Of course, silly, they eat angel food cake!  Seriously, who in the Bible entertained angels by accident? Well, how about Abraham, Lot or Jacob? Granted, Jacob's treatment of the Angel of the Lord was questionable. But he did wrestle the night away, when in fact that angel could have dislocated Jacob's hip early in the match.  Abraham, read Sarah, prepared a big meal and Lot had to offer ...

Daughter and dog...

About six months ago we discovered that Ann was pregnant and were very excited for she and Jackson. We will have babies on this side and that of the Atlantic. We weren't prepared for that news and we we were even less prepared for the news that our little dog is pregnant. To date we have spent more on the dog than on Annie (don't tell her... Ann that is). Ann has yet to discover whether her baby is a boy or girl. Both ultrasound images were inconclusive. Though I did some further investigation of my own and was startled with what I found. to me it looks as if the baby is definitely a boy and has some resemblance from both sides of the family. Take a look for yourself and let me know what you think.

The Twenty Buck Challenge

Well I went and done it! That's bad grammar I know. But I done it anyway. We've been having a Bible study with Esmano and Genesie and their two kids Jennifer and Jadson, for about seven weeks now. This week Jennifer threw out a challenge. "Let's memorize a verse!" I thought that was a great idea. I told them that if they did memorize the verse that I would give them each an American coin. Esmano, their dad usually sits in on the study but he hasn't really been a part of it. When I mentioned the coin idea his eyes lit up a little. I then reached into my wallet and said, "If YOU memorize that verse I'll give you $20 bucks! His eyes really lit up then! Was it a good idea? I doubt it. No one has ever offered me money for memorizing verses. However, this will be the first verse that this man has ever memorized. If he does it. It is not a conventional way of doing memory work and it could cost me a bill for nothing. But if God uses this simple chall...