Skip to main content

Bible Club

The BLUE team advanced to DELTA SECTOR in our weekly MISSION IMPOSSIBLE competition. wordsThis weeks mission was to cut out words and letters from magazines, news papers or books to make up Ephesians 6.10. Each verse earned 1000 points for your team. As I arrived a club Wellington, one of my kids, ran to the van with his box and said, “Open it!” Inside were 38 cards! I couldn’t believe it. It took wellingtonme about three hours to make my four! Though thealex GREEN team tried really hard we came in third of three.

Alex also came to club today. I was able to visit his grandparents during the week and told them that he was a good boy at Sunday school two weeks ago. They were thrilled with the news and welcomed our help in getting him to church. He enjoys his time when he comes it is just a bit difficult keeping track of him. We will be picking him up Sunday morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entertaining Angels

Hebrews 13:1 Keep on loving one another as brothers and sisters. 2 Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it. Hospitality is a gift. It can also be a learned trait. Some people seem as if having strangers in their homes is normal and natural. Others have to fight against themselves in order to have friends over for a meal.  The author of Hebrews says that some have entertained angels when they thought that they were helping a stranger. That's weird. This statement brings questions to mind. Do angels eat? Of course, silly, they eat angel food cake!  Seriously, who in the Bible entertained angels by accident? Well, how about Abraham, Lot or Jacob? Granted, Jacob's treatment of the Angel of the Lord was questionable. But he did wrestle the night away, when in fact that angel could have dislocated Jacob's hip early in the match.  Abraham, read Sarah, prepared a big meal and Lot had to offer ...

Daughter and dog...

About six months ago we discovered that Ann was pregnant and were very excited for she and Jackson. We will have babies on this side and that of the Atlantic. We weren't prepared for that news and we we were even less prepared for the news that our little dog is pregnant. To date we have spent more on the dog than on Annie (don't tell her... Ann that is). Ann has yet to discover whether her baby is a boy or girl. Both ultrasound images were inconclusive. Though I did some further investigation of my own and was startled with what I found. to me it looks as if the baby is definitely a boy and has some resemblance from both sides of the family. Take a look for yourself and let me know what you think.

Music Conference

This is going to be a long post. Just a few days ago I was trembling in my boots as the First Baptist Church of Lake Orion's missions team was just hours from their arrival. My fears were many because I felt that the weight of success or failure of their visit would fall on me and I could see a tremendous failure looming. I knew that the team would come well prepared and ready to minister. I knew that there would not be a lack of talent and experience on their part. I knew that they would have great expectations I just didn't know how our people would react or if they would attend. My fear was that the attendance would be poor and that the team might go away frustrated. God be praised! God be glorified! God be worshipped! I highlight the previous paragraph because my Father deserves all of these and more. Let me explain. It is a wonderful story. The team, Jim and Hannah Watson, Faith Gaskell and Brenda Johnson, arrived safe and sound on Tuesday, July 19 though Brenda lost he...