Skip to main content

Miracles DO Happen!

Easter

Our weekend was wonderful and then the miracle happened! We had 75 in club on Saturday and 52 Sunday morning for our Easter breakfast and 71 for our Sunday evening service. Our Day was special because we had several visitors, the kids did a play that a junior, Mirela, wrote and our choir presented a mini-cantata with video.

On Monday I visited Wendel, pastor of Hope Baptist. As I got to his house he greeted me with these words, “Pastor our Sunday was a wonderful experience Carlinho’s mother made a decision to accept Christ.”

THAT didn’t make sense! The only Carlinhos that I could think of was my friend Carlinhos who had worked with me in the Junior’s Sunday school class. It couldn’t have been his mother that got saved because she was a witch who had threatened to shoot me. It couldn’t be THAT woman. But it was.

Way back in 2004 I had visited this woman and in my rather abrupt way I made her listen to John 3:16 as I put her name in key parts. She didn’t like it one bit and hated me from that point on. Recently she became desperately ill and nearly died. She was given no hope by the doctor who was caring for her.

She miraculously healed and became interested in coming to church. She came Easter Sunday morning and wept during Wendel’s message. At the invitation she raised her hand and as Wendel presented the Gospel she cried like a baby saying, “I need to accept Jesus Christ as my Savior!”

Easter represents Christ’s victory over death. For Elza it also represents her spiritual birthday. Man! I still can’t believe it but am SO thankful to the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entertaining Angels

Hebrews 13:1 Keep on loving one another as brothers and sisters. 2 Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it. Hospitality is a gift. It can also be a learned trait. Some people seem as if having strangers in their homes is normal and natural. Others have to fight against themselves in order to have friends over for a meal.  The author of Hebrews says that some have entertained angels when they thought that they were helping a stranger. That's weird. This statement brings questions to mind. Do angels eat? Of course, silly, they eat angel food cake!  Seriously, who in the Bible entertained angels by accident? Well, how about Abraham, Lot or Jacob? Granted, Jacob's treatment of the Angel of the Lord was questionable. But he did wrestle the night away, when in fact that angel could have dislocated Jacob's hip early in the match.  Abraham, read Sarah, prepared a big meal and Lot had to offer ...

Daughter and dog...

About six months ago we discovered that Ann was pregnant and were very excited for she and Jackson. We will have babies on this side and that of the Atlantic. We weren't prepared for that news and we we were even less prepared for the news that our little dog is pregnant. To date we have spent more on the dog than on Annie (don't tell her... Ann that is). Ann has yet to discover whether her baby is a boy or girl. Both ultrasound images were inconclusive. Though I did some further investigation of my own and was startled with what I found. to me it looks as if the baby is definitely a boy and has some resemblance from both sides of the family. Take a look for yourself and let me know what you think.

The Twenty Buck Challenge

Well I went and done it! That's bad grammar I know. But I done it anyway. We've been having a Bible study with Esmano and Genesie and their two kids Jennifer and Jadson, for about seven weeks now. This week Jennifer threw out a challenge. "Let's memorize a verse!" I thought that was a great idea. I told them that if they did memorize the verse that I would give them each an American coin. Esmano, their dad usually sits in on the study but he hasn't really been a part of it. When I mentioned the coin idea his eyes lit up a little. I then reached into my wallet and said, "If YOU memorize that verse I'll give you $20 bucks! His eyes really lit up then! Was it a good idea? I doubt it. No one has ever offered me money for memorizing verses. However, this will be the first verse that this man has ever memorized. If he does it. It is not a conventional way of doing memory work and it could cost me a bill for nothing. But if God uses this simple chall...