Skip to main content

Rahab's Place - Revisited

So, yesterday I proverbially scratched my balding pate in wonder about the quickly traveling "spy news" from the house of prostitution to the palace, and was given a quick response from my lovely wife, of why that news was lightening quick.

As I thought further on that story my mind wondered, "Why a brothel? Why didn't they go to a regular hotel or some more 'family-like' place?" Didn't they know that they were on a holy mission?

As I showered, and meditated on the question, there came a Holy Spirit whisper. Have you ever had those? I know that you have. You know that they are from the Holy Spirit because they are so revelatory. In a good way of course.

"Those spies HAD to go to Rahab's Place!" I almost cried as I thought about the ramifications of that visit some 3,000 years ago. They didn't know it of course, but if those two spies hadn't stayed at that house of ill repute, the universe would have imploded! Rahab and family would have died in the coming attack! And she had to live.

I was bursting with excitement to divulge my revelation to Dawn as to why they had to stay where they stayed. I quickly toweled myself off and hustled into the kitchen to impart my discovery. "Rahab had to be saved!" I stated with enthusiasm.

Without turning from the sink, where she was washing the breakfast dishes, she said, "Right! She is in the line of Christ."

Wow, talk about shouting over my whisper!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entertaining Angels

Hebrews 13:1 Keep on loving one another as brothers and sisters. 2 Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it. Hospitality is a gift. It can also be a learned trait. Some people seem as if having strangers in their homes is normal and natural. Others have to fight against themselves in order to have friends over for a meal.  The author of Hebrews says that some have entertained angels when they thought that they were helping a stranger. That's weird. This statement brings questions to mind. Do angels eat? Of course, silly, they eat angel food cake!  Seriously, who in the Bible entertained angels by accident? Well, how about Abraham, Lot or Jacob? Granted, Jacob's treatment of the Angel of the Lord was questionable. But he did wrestle the night away, when in fact that angel could have dislocated Jacob's hip early in the match.  Abraham, read Sarah, prepared a big meal and Lot had to offer ...

Daughter and dog...

About six months ago we discovered that Ann was pregnant and were very excited for she and Jackson. We will have babies on this side and that of the Atlantic. We weren't prepared for that news and we we were even less prepared for the news that our little dog is pregnant. To date we have spent more on the dog than on Annie (don't tell her... Ann that is). Ann has yet to discover whether her baby is a boy or girl. Both ultrasound images were inconclusive. Though I did some further investigation of my own and was startled with what I found. to me it looks as if the baby is definitely a boy and has some resemblance from both sides of the family. Take a look for yourself and let me know what you think.

The Twenty Buck Challenge

Well I went and done it! That's bad grammar I know. But I done it anyway. We've been having a Bible study with Esmano and Genesie and their two kids Jennifer and Jadson, for about seven weeks now. This week Jennifer threw out a challenge. "Let's memorize a verse!" I thought that was a great idea. I told them that if they did memorize the verse that I would give them each an American coin. Esmano, their dad usually sits in on the study but he hasn't really been a part of it. When I mentioned the coin idea his eyes lit up a little. I then reached into my wallet and said, "If YOU memorize that verse I'll give you $20 bucks! His eyes really lit up then! Was it a good idea? I doubt it. No one has ever offered me money for memorizing verses. However, this will be the first verse that this man has ever memorized. If he does it. It is not a conventional way of doing memory work and it could cost me a bill for nothing. But if God uses this simple chall...