Skip to main content

God Guiding Every Step

Psalm 23:2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.


This verse in psalm 23 is often read at funerals. Funny isn't it. A psalm that talks about life is read to a dead person. What this Davidic psalm is talking about is a life guided by the almighty hand of the Great shepherd. 


Leading by still waters can have different meanings but what I want to emphasize is the perfect direction that God provides. Each step of each of his sheep is carefully observed and directed. It happened to me just this morning. 


I was guided directly to a certain place because of how God helped me. In his helping process he led me to pray for his guidance and protection. I then took a "wrong" turn and clicked the place that I wanted to go into my GPS. I parked my car and walked there. However, as I went past a certain landmark I noticed that it was the place that I had contacted the other day. I stepped into the office and began a conversation with the receptionist. 


As we talked for about a minute, I realized that this wasn't the place I had visited last week. 


Did that make sense? I didn't think so. Here it is in a simpler version. I called one place and visited another place. This week I visited the place I had initially called! God protected me and directed through both of my mistakes! I got the service I needed and knew that God had helped me all the way! 


The Good Shepherd even uses our errors for his purpose. However, he wants us to watch our steps just the same. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entertaining Angels

Hebrews 13:1 Keep on loving one another as brothers and sisters. 2 Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it. Hospitality is a gift. It can also be a learned trait. Some people seem as if having strangers in their homes is normal and natural. Others have to fight against themselves in order to have friends over for a meal.  The author of Hebrews says that some have entertained angels when they thought that they were helping a stranger. That's weird. This statement brings questions to mind. Do angels eat? Of course, silly, they eat angel food cake!  Seriously, who in the Bible entertained angels by accident? Well, how about Abraham, Lot or Jacob? Granted, Jacob's treatment of the Angel of the Lord was questionable. But he did wrestle the night away, when in fact that angel could have dislocated Jacob's hip early in the match.  Abraham, read Sarah, prepared a big meal and Lot had to offer ...

Daughter and dog...

About six months ago we discovered that Ann was pregnant and were very excited for she and Jackson. We will have babies on this side and that of the Atlantic. We weren't prepared for that news and we we were even less prepared for the news that our little dog is pregnant. To date we have spent more on the dog than on Annie (don't tell her... Ann that is). Ann has yet to discover whether her baby is a boy or girl. Both ultrasound images were inconclusive. Though I did some further investigation of my own and was startled with what I found. to me it looks as if the baby is definitely a boy and has some resemblance from both sides of the family. Take a look for yourself and let me know what you think.

The Twenty Buck Challenge

Well I went and done it! That's bad grammar I know. But I done it anyway. We've been having a Bible study with Esmano and Genesie and their two kids Jennifer and Jadson, for about seven weeks now. This week Jennifer threw out a challenge. "Let's memorize a verse!" I thought that was a great idea. I told them that if they did memorize the verse that I would give them each an American coin. Esmano, their dad usually sits in on the study but he hasn't really been a part of it. When I mentioned the coin idea his eyes lit up a little. I then reached into my wallet and said, "If YOU memorize that verse I'll give you $20 bucks! His eyes really lit up then! Was it a good idea? I doubt it. No one has ever offered me money for memorizing verses. However, this will be the first verse that this man has ever memorized. If he does it. It is not a conventional way of doing memory work and it could cost me a bill for nothing. But if God uses this simple chall...