Skip to main content

Your Biography

"Pastor Mike! Please put our story in your next  book!" One of our teen girls came to me beaming. She is currently reading my second historical fiction biography. I told Ana that I was planning on telling the story of our new church in my fifth work. My editor and chief recently went to glory, so I will have to seek help in grammar and idioms. That stinks. However, I have published four books to date with her help, so I should be able to limp to the finish line with the fifth. My goal is to have it done by June, which is the date that I had promised my friend. 

Have you written your biography? This is a question that I have asked many of my friends and family. If you have Google Maps, your story has been recorded geographically. Just go to Google maps and then click on “My timeline.” You’ll see most of your steps. It is rather startling the first time you see it. Google has been in your cell phone along every path you’ve taken.  


We believers in Jesus Christ have it even better than a Google user. God planned out our path before we were born. He has not overlooked a single step or misstep. In a way, he has written your biography. He’s a great author. The really cool part of your story is that He planned it so that it will never end. There are no sad endings or even happy endings. Because your story is scheduled to go on indefinitely. Ten billion years from now, what will we be doing? I don't know, but I know that it will be cool, great and good. Revelation ends like this: No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him. They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign forever and ever. 

(Revelation 22:3-5)


Reigning forever and ever seems so like a fairytale. But it's God’s Word. We are at the threshold of Good stuff.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entertaining Angels

Hebrews 13:1 Keep on loving one another as brothers and sisters. 2 Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it. Hospitality is a gift. It can also be a learned trait. Some people seem as if having strangers in their homes is normal and natural. Others have to fight against themselves in order to have friends over for a meal.  The author of Hebrews says that some have entertained angels when they thought that they were helping a stranger. That's weird. This statement brings questions to mind. Do angels eat? Of course, silly, they eat angel food cake!  Seriously, who in the Bible entertained angels by accident? Well, how about Abraham, Lot or Jacob? Granted, Jacob's treatment of the Angel of the Lord was questionable. But he did wrestle the night away, when in fact that angel could have dislocated Jacob's hip early in the match.  Abraham, read Sarah, prepared a big meal and Lot had to offer ...

Daughter and dog...

About six months ago we discovered that Ann was pregnant and were very excited for she and Jackson. We will have babies on this side and that of the Atlantic. We weren't prepared for that news and we we were even less prepared for the news that our little dog is pregnant. To date we have spent more on the dog than on Annie (don't tell her... Ann that is). Ann has yet to discover whether her baby is a boy or girl. Both ultrasound images were inconclusive. Though I did some further investigation of my own and was startled with what I found. to me it looks as if the baby is definitely a boy and has some resemblance from both sides of the family. Take a look for yourself and let me know what you think.

The Twenty Buck Challenge

Well I went and done it! That's bad grammar I know. But I done it anyway. We've been having a Bible study with Esmano and Genesie and their two kids Jennifer and Jadson, for about seven weeks now. This week Jennifer threw out a challenge. "Let's memorize a verse!" I thought that was a great idea. I told them that if they did memorize the verse that I would give them each an American coin. Esmano, their dad usually sits in on the study but he hasn't really been a part of it. When I mentioned the coin idea his eyes lit up a little. I then reached into my wallet and said, "If YOU memorize that verse I'll give you $20 bucks! His eyes really lit up then! Was it a good idea? I doubt it. No one has ever offered me money for memorizing verses. However, this will be the first verse that this man has ever memorized. If he does it. It is not a conventional way of doing memory work and it could cost me a bill for nothing. But if God uses this simple chall...