Skip to main content

Fair and Faithful

The LORD is fair in all his ways and faithful in everything he does. Psalm 145:17

Fairness and faithfulness are two qualities absent in today’s world. We want them and need them but they are nowhere to be found. Pastors cheat on their wives. Politicians are liars. Teachers are abused and abusive. Husbands and wives neglect their families. Friends lie to friends. 

Paul warned us about these days. Way back then he called them the “last days”. We’re there now. 

The LORD remains fair and faithful in everything he does. Frightening for some and comforting for others. God’s fairness demands justice. His justice demands punishment for injustice. That punishment is a harsh hell. 

In his fairness he made a way for unfair people like you and me to enter into his faithful care. Jesus was once asked a question by his disciple Thomas, "Lord, we don't know where you're going. So how can we know the way?" Jesus’ reply echoes through the ages as a beacon of faithfulness, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one goes to the Father except through me. If you have known me, you will also know my Father. From now on you know him through me and have seen him in me” (John 14:5,6,7).

The unfair and unfaithful must heed Jesus’ words. Psalm 145:8 says, The LORD is merciful, compassionate, patient, and always ready to forgive.There is no other hope in these last days. Turn to him and there is fairness. Run to him because he is faithful to forgive.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entertaining Angels

Hebrews 13:1 Keep on loving one another as brothers and sisters. 2 Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it. Hospitality is a gift. It can also be a learned trait. Some people seem as if having strangers in their homes is normal and natural. Others have to fight against themselves in order to have friends over for a meal.  The author of Hebrews says that some have entertained angels when they thought that they were helping a stranger. That's weird. This statement brings questions to mind. Do angels eat? Of course, silly, they eat angel food cake!  Seriously, who in the Bible entertained angels by accident? Well, how about Abraham, Lot or Jacob? Granted, Jacob's treatment of the Angel of the Lord was questionable. But he did wrestle the night away, when in fact that angel could have dislocated Jacob's hip early in the match.  Abraham, read Sarah, prepared a big meal and Lot had to offer ...

Daughter and dog...

About six months ago we discovered that Ann was pregnant and were very excited for she and Jackson. We will have babies on this side and that of the Atlantic. We weren't prepared for that news and we we were even less prepared for the news that our little dog is pregnant. To date we have spent more on the dog than on Annie (don't tell her... Ann that is). Ann has yet to discover whether her baby is a boy or girl. Both ultrasound images were inconclusive. Though I did some further investigation of my own and was startled with what I found. to me it looks as if the baby is definitely a boy and has some resemblance from both sides of the family. Take a look for yourself and let me know what you think.

The Twenty Buck Challenge

Well I went and done it! That's bad grammar I know. But I done it anyway. We've been having a Bible study with Esmano and Genesie and their two kids Jennifer and Jadson, for about seven weeks now. This week Jennifer threw out a challenge. "Let's memorize a verse!" I thought that was a great idea. I told them that if they did memorize the verse that I would give them each an American coin. Esmano, their dad usually sits in on the study but he hasn't really been a part of it. When I mentioned the coin idea his eyes lit up a little. I then reached into my wallet and said, "If YOU memorize that verse I'll give you $20 bucks! His eyes really lit up then! Was it a good idea? I doubt it. No one has ever offered me money for memorizing verses. However, this will be the first verse that this man has ever memorized. If he does it. It is not a conventional way of doing memory work and it could cost me a bill for nothing. But if God uses this simple chall...